Combining Holistic and Biomimetic Means We NEVER Need to Place A Crown (Dead Technology) and Also, We Can Often Avoid a Root Canal! If you Have Already Had Lots of Work, Don't Worry, With This Technology We Can Fix That Too!
Jennifer came to us after she was told she needs NINE root canals. We were able to give her an absolutely beautiful smile and also a fully FUNCTIONAL mouth for life. We did not need to give her a SINGLE root canal or crown!
Recent success from one of our patients!
If your mechanic told you that the only way to fix your engine is to grind it down into a little nub and then put a big ceramic piece over the part that was ground down, I think you would start asking some questions.
Or what if your toe was in pain so your doctor said that he needed to go in and drill out all the nerves of your foot so you didn't hurt anymore? This is what a root canal is. It's silly if it's not 100% required.
Sometimes the root is ACTUALLY infected and needs a root canal, but the usage of crowns and root canals as a "standard" of dentistry simply doesn't make sense.
Doing a root canal because the tooth "might get infected" is completely ridiculous.
Why don't we saw your arm off because you "might break it"?
At my office, this is what we think makes sense:
- If the root is currently and actively infected then it needs a root canal. We determine if the tooth is actively infected with a series of diagnostic procedures including xrays, cold testing, etc - the most obvious proof being an actual abscess shown on an xray. If it isn't infected then let's fix it and watch it carefully and not drill down and rip all of the roots out the tooth unless, at a later time, we find that it is ABSOLUTELY necessary. Most of the time it's not. If it is infected, we refer you to someone who specializes in GentleWave root canal technology because that is the only type of root canal I trust - I don't want there to be remaining bacteria in the nerve after I rebuild it which could cause another infection later.
You can see more information about GentleWave by watching this YouTube Video:
**Important note: The reason why I recommend root canals rather than extraction is because no one bothers to tell you all of the horrible things that occur when you just start pulling teeth. The teeth collapse into the space, you start to lose your ability to chew and implants are invasive and expensive - we can avoid all that by doing a proper root canal. Yes, there is a lot of horrible information on the internet about root canals but a GentleWave root canal handles the downfalls of root canals and leaves behind a very well-cleaned out tooth that a biomimetic dentist, such as myself, can then seal off and build up. We have been doing this for years and the teeth are cleaned and sealed so bacteria cannot get back in the root and reinfect the tooth. I would never recommend that someone get a non-GentleWave root canal. This is an excellent alternative over extraction/bone graft/implants and my free holistic dental course goes over this in detail as well. I hope you sign up.**
- If there is decay on a tooth but there is still some good tooth structure, why would you grind all that good tooth structure and make the nerve of the tooth die because it senses such horrible danger that it just gives up and dies? You should grind out the decay then build the tooth up structurally from that point and leave the rest of the good tooth ALONE. This allows the nerve to do it's job and bring nutrients in and out of the tooth. (A man with no job or direction in life dies from boredom and purposeless, it appears tooth nerves act the same way.)
If you agree with these two points and disagree with the part I was saying at the beginning, you will most likely be our patient soon.
Watch this video to meet some of our patients, see some examples of our work, learn more about biomimetic/holistic and honestly get a really good grasp of what we do in about 3.5 minutes.
Some people reading this might think "well yeah, OF COURSE, that sounds way better." But what you don't know is that most people really don't care or just don't look. What may be common sense to you would surprise you.
Call around to several dentists and ask this question: "if I have a tooth that has 20% decay, would your office deliver a crown on that tooth?" and you will be shocked to find that every single office you call will answer yes to that question. (I told a potential patient to do this one day over the phone and, to my surprise, she actually did and came in and told me this, which is how I know. She became our patient shortly afterwards. )
Crowns are the bread and butter of a typical dental office. They are easy to make, easy to place and they yield a nice profit; which is why dentists are so eager to get them placed.
But let's be fair, in moments where the tooth is already ground all the way down and completely destroyed, a crown might be an option. But what about all that good tooth structure of a tooth that isn't totally destroyed already?
We give dentistry a facelift by combining the following technologies into a unified whole:
- Mercury and metal free dentistry
- Biomimetic dentistry
- Minimally-invasive dentistry
- Crown/Root Canal avoidance whenever possible (most of the time it is)
- Holistic dentistry
- Total 1-on-1 dentistry where the doctor takes the time to give you a high-quality experience that is comforting and is perfection, technically.
In order to deliver all of this under one roof, I have gone through the gauntlet of life and I needed to learn all of these different techs over the past 30 years then, through experience, learned to mold them together into a workable and complete system.
Only through sweat, blood and tears can a person take multiple technologies and combine them into a functional whole.
Biomimetic Dentists Unite!
Recently, Dr. David Alleman and Dr. Deliperi visited Los Angeles to deliver some advanced training in biomimetic dentistry.
I had the pleasure of spending the day with Dr. Beth Settle (who will be working in my office soon), Dr. Matt Nejad (a wonderful biomimetic master in Beverly Hills), Dr. Tibbles (a personal friend of mine) and several other fantastic dentists looking to improve their "game" by learning the advanced levels of this incredible technology.
There are many different levels of biomimetic training, but the only level that requires proof of application of the technology is the "master" level.
Any lower level of training is ONLY theoretical and DOES NOT guarantee that you will get full biomimetic treatment.
There are only a handful of them on the entire planet, but there may possibly be one near you!
The way you can find out if they are masters is by asking them if they are a member of the Biomimetic Masters Group. This group is by INVITE ONLY and the doctor has to prove his skill by submitting detailed proof showing that he knows this technology COLD.
You should ONLY trust your mouth with a biomimetic master! Don't get fooled!
P.S. - I'm on the Board of Directors of the Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry. If you are a dentist or know a dentist that wants to get trained in this INCREDIBLE technology, please call my office! We will help!
Learn more by watching all of our videos below:
Using contemporary dentistry, these teeth would have been crowned and possibly root canaled You can see how we only removed the decay necessary and slowly built up the teeth from there, saving all the natural tooth structure. Now they are strong and safe using biomimetic dentistry and ready for the final onlays once they are made in the lab.
What is biomimetic dentistry? Watch these simple videos to find out!